Web Usability Audit (Web Heuristic Evaluation)
Before redesigning their company’s Web site, Web marketers, developers,
and eCommerce professionals are faced with the daunting task of identifying
and fixing the site’s weaknesses. Usability testing is an expensive
and time-consuming option, and design agencies lack the objectivity of
independent, research-based analysis. WebSickle’s Web Usability
Audit delivers the best direction by helping you target and prioritize
your redesign efforts quickly, cost-efficiently, and objectively.
WebSickle’s Web Usability Audit provides you with an action-oriented
assessment of your B2C, B2B or G2C Web site, extranet, or intranet —
as well as the opportunity to review your competitors’ sites. Informed
by your description of your site’s business objectives and target
audience, WebSickle analysts conduct a comprehensive examination of the
site that helps you:
- Understand what to fix before the redesign — and how
- Determine and defend real estate prioritization
- Apply the user-experience methodology to multiple users.
Focus On Your Site’s Business And ROI
WebSickle’s Web Usability Audit applies research-based criteria
- Does your site offer content and function that closes in sales and
enhances your brand?
- Do your shopping carts and order blanks contain mistakes that kill
- Do your menus help users find the value on your site?
- Does search bring prospects to what they want or frustrate and confuse
- Can users easily understand your value proposition?
- Do pages waste valuable space that could be used to build relationships?
- Is task-related help available to the user?
- Do users have control of their personal data?
- Is the site consistently fast and reliable?
Web Usability Audit Benefits
Based on a thorough review, as well as WebSickle’s extensive qualitative
and quantitative research, each Web Usability Audit provides:
- An objective, user-based evaluation of your site’s usability
While conducting the review, WebSickle analysts simulate a representative
user experience. As the analyst navigates the site, he or she finds
known user experience flaws in the interface and identifies content
and functionality that need improvement.
- Tangible recommendations focused on improving the user experience
Once analysts have evaluated the usability of the site’s features
and functions, WebSickle provides clients with a targeted, action-oriented
assessment of the Web site and its role in the company’s online
strategy. Suggestions for improvements can range from adding critical
product details to redesigning the overall structure.
- Quick And Cost- Effective Assessment
Your company may have a history of using surveys, focus groups, automated
measurement tools, or technical tests to pinpoint areas on your site
for improvement, but these efforts tend to be costly and time-consuming.
Expert reviews are the most efficient method and go beyond identifying
problems to providing solutions.
Web Usability Audit Deliverables
Overview Of Recommendations- Analysts present their top findings and
suggested actions in a self-standing report that cover:
- Strengths in content, function, navigation, service, reliability,
coding and several other areas
- Important areas for improvement, their priority, and specific recommendations
- Standards inspection
- Best practices analysis
- Interoperability test
Web Usability Audit Report
Clients receive a detailed report (with expert suggestions) that grades
the site according to a range of proprietary user experience, quality
standards and interoperability tests developed by WebSickle. The tests
Content relevance, freshness, and completeness; functionality, navigation,
best practices, layout, and content clarity; degree to which the site
helps users find what they want.
Interactivity, personalization, and search engine
Contextual help, security, speed, reliability, and recovery from errors
The report outlines a set of fundamental criteria that all leading sites
should meet, whether they’re business-to-business, business-to-consumer
or government to customers. Using these criteria, the analyst scores the
site and explains strengths and flaws. The final passing or failing mark
is based on the overall ease or difficulty of the user’s experience.
To help you make the most of the Web Usability Audit’s conclusions
and recommendations, WebSickle includes a follow-up conference call. During
the call, you have the opportunity to ask questions about the scorecard
and summary, as well as discuss the steps needed to make the suggested
improvements. This call provides clients with a richer explanation of
the conclusions and recommendations.
Save money, add value to
your e-businesses, stand apart from competitions,
Contact us now for a FREE
Basic Web Site Usability Review, to get a feel of our web
usability services towards strategizing your next business move.
Recommend this page